Synaptics has shown of their latest touchscreen technology, the Synaptics ClearPad 3000 Touchscreen. The Synaptics ClearPad 3000 Touchscreencan register up to 10 fingers simultaneously, it is designed to be used in high end mobile phones.These high-resolution capacitive touchscreen solutions bring users rich functionality in a limited space. A ClearPad touch sensor provides an easy-to-use, discoverable interface for screen navigation, selection, interactive input, and much more.The Synaptics ClearPad 3000 Touchscreen has 48 sensing channels which means it can pick up 10 fingers at once, and apparently the technology will scale up to 8 inch screens.
- When the display is the interface, ClearPad is the answer—including mobile phones, personal navigation devices, smart remote controls, digital still/video cameras, handheld gaming, and other electronic devices. A ClearPad sensor is placed over a main display, such as an LCD. Users activate the underlying graphical user interface buttons and controls by touch.
- Next-Generation User Experience—Leverage breakthrough multi-finger gestures for exciting new games and applications, including dual/multi-player gaming devices and mobile applications.
- Larger Screen Sizes—Synaptics’ proprietary chip features 48 sensing channels and excellent power management—enabling screen sizes up to 8 inches and more accurate sensing.
- Maximum Display Area—Industry-leading narrow borders increases the amount of touchscreen real estate and optimizes popular display technologies, such as OLED.
- Broadest and Most Stable Portfolio—From Single to Dual to MultiTouch, choose the touch capabilities you need, all with proven ClearPad performance and reliability.
- Solution Stack—Synaptics’ comprehensive solution offering covers all critical capabilities, from design to testing to supply/support.
- Seamless Integration—Mount ClearPad touch panels beneath a product’s casing for a sleek, smooth appearance
- ClearPad touch panels minimize internal reflections.
- ClearPad delivers best-in-class accuracy, including resolutions of 500+ dpi, without requiring calibration.
- ClearPad touch sensors, mounted beneath a device’s top plastic, can be designed with a glass or PET substrate.
- Lower Consumption—Doze, sleep, and deep sleep modes maximize battery life and use less energy.