Compiz is advanced desktop effect plugin for ubuntu. I this tutorial I will guide you how to install and configure compiz on ubuntu. But first watch this video which shows some effect generated by compiz.
How to install Compiz?
Run This command in terminal
sudo apt-get install compiz compizconfig-settings-manager
Configure Compiz using CCSM (CompizConfig Settings Manager)
System -> Preferences -> CompizConfig Settings Manager
Some quick tricks:
- Hold CTRL + ALT keys and with the left mouse button rotate the cube
- Super + E activates the Expo plugin
- Hold Super + Shift and with your mouse paint fire on your desktop
- Super + Shift + C will erase the fire paint
- Super + Tab activates the Ring Switcher plugin